$130 – thecorner.com
$21 – newchic.com
$350 – tesco.com
Everyone knows pastels equate spring. But this year, you are going to see much more pink than usual. Pink is a color that looks great on everyone and don’t save it for the little girls.
A big trend for spring will be pink jeans. Much like the cobalt jeans and the mint jeans of previous seasons, pink will be showing up on denim near you. Use them as you would your white jeans, as a break from the blue denim and to add another dimension to your closet.
Here are three pairs that I dressed up for you. The first look is for anywhere you need to go and look presentable- conferences, story time at your library; the second look is mommy on the go- run errands, get groceries; and the last look is date night or girl’s night out. I love the booties with the top. It’s a little bit romantic and a little bit rock and roll.
Embrace the pink. Pink is powerful!
If I were stranded on a desert island, these are the shoes I couldn’t live without. Although most likely I’d run barefoot. 🙂
Seriously, these are just examples of the staples that should be in your closet. No matter what your occupation or lifestyle. If you can afford about $30 at the Goodwill, you can own all of these.
1) Flat sandals. Every mom needs a pair of these. Forget the trail sandals or flip flops, a simple, basic flat sandal will pair with shorts, skirts and skinny jeans. They are feminine and elegant and a must have. In metallic, there isn’t anything they won’t go with!
2) A nude pump. This is the work horse of heels. This little gem can go to the office or a night out. It matches just about everything because it is supposed to match you! Find one that comes close to your skin color and pair it with just about anything. I draw the line at denim shorts but you get the idea.
3) A tall boot. The riding boot is the most versatile. It can be worn with skirts and skinny jeans and is easy to wear for errands. Choose them in black and cover the “motorcycle” boot look without having to add in a second pair.
4) A flat- most versatile- leopard or metallic. I choose leopard for this experiment simply because it is having a resurgence this fall. And it really looks sharp. Think of the leopard print like you would a red shoe, a pop of unexpected pattern that adds a new dimension to your outfit. BTW, choosing a red shoe is a great staple…
5) Wedge sandal- Want something dressier than a flat but a heel is too much? This is the answer. Bonus wearability, it is the answer for what do I wear with capris. I chose black because it is the most sophisticated but you can do more casual in an espadrille. Or you can do dressier with a platform.
6) Metallic sandal heel- This is the one shoe that you won’t wear daily. But for the formal times in your life when the nude heel simply isn’t doing it, this baby will work wonders. And then there is the girl like me who would pair it with jeans and have a girls nite out. I like metallic better than black simply because it goes with more and doesn’t draw as much attention to your feet.
7) Low boots. Virtually off the horizon until a few years ago, the low boot pairs well with jeans of all shapes. Add a bit of a heel (cowboy or wedge, your choice) and it is still wearable for a busy mom on the go but much more stylish than sneakers.
Clearly I could add in about a 100 more pairs of shoes. But these are the barebones. Also, any of the above could be more exciting than the pairs I have chosen. Embellishments and color can make staples more exciting!
I hope I’ve got your wardrobe covered!
This weekend is the start of college football for many of the local teams. And as the temperature soars, girls are wondering what to wear to the big game.
There are more stylish options to wear to a game than just a sweatshirt. Allow yourself one piece of “gear” and pair it with other items out of your wardrobe that don’t include gym shorts.
Think pairing the masculine with the feminine. Add in a comfy skirt or a bow on your shorts. Dressing is a breeze in a collegiate dress!
Adding gladiators is an easy way of dressing the outfit up, like you too are going in to battle while still maintaining comfort for a day of walking and standing.
I hope if you get to go to a game, you stay cool!
Go Big Red!